Sunday, May 29, 2005

Catapulting Propaganda...

Apparently Mr. Bush is admitting that if he repeats something enough times, it becomes the truth. Note paragraph #38.

"Now, a personal savings account would be a part of a Social Security retirement system. It would be a part of what you would have to retire when you reach retirement age. As you -- as I mentioned to you earlier, we're going to redesign the current system. If you've retired, you don't have anything to worry about -- third time I've said that. (Laughter.) I'll probably say it three more times. See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." (Applause)

As of now, May 29, 2005 3:30 PM this is still pasted on the official White House website.

He has already publically stated that personal accounts will not help to fix the situation.

I'm sorry but repeating rhetoric, or "catapulting it" as Bush calls it, will not make it fact.

Joseph Goebbels, Hiter's Nazi Propaganda Minister, found that out the hard way after he said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."


President Participates in Social Security Conversation in New York

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome and all the best Myst !

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myst,

Few days ago I came across a website showing the actual speech presented Bush about repeating stuff. I honestly thought it was a hoax and someone has edited the clip. Once I have read the transcript, I have no doubt that clip was real. I'm amazed that somebody can get away with what he said. You are right, it turning to some kind of gobbelesque comedy, and nobody from the mainstream media or politics is challenging him. It is a very sad state of affairs.

O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home